I had the great opportunity to meet and ask Tracey Joseph some questions.
Tracey is a blogger from New York.
Read away to get to know her!!!
If you want to check out her blog here is the link:
1. What is your favorite book? Favorite genres?
It’s kind of hard to name only one, but I recently read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and it has definitely become one of my favorites. As for my favorite genres, I’ve always had a soft spot for fantasy and contemporary YA.
2. Where do your ideas for writing come from?
My ideas for writing come from movies, TV shows, music, and dreams. The idea for my current WIP came to me in a dream. I know this might sound crazy, but I actually heard my main character's voice in my head.
3. Do you have any books out there that we might like to read?
Yes, yes, yes! I really would love to get my hands on Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone, What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang, Crewel by Gennifer Albin, Splintered by A.G. Howard, and Thorne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I recently read a sample of My Life in Black and White by Natasha Friend, and I loved it.
4. What inspires you to write? Do you have a schedule or do you write when you can?
I think I just love to create. I mean, even when I’m not writing I’m daydreaming. As for having a schedule, I don’t. I write when I can.
5. If you could interview an author for your blog who would you want to interview?
If I could interview any author it would definitely be J.K. Rowling. She’s one of the authors who made me fall in love with reading, and she’s just so inspiring.
6. Any words of wisdom for others that are working through the writing/publishing process?
Well, I’m still kind of a newbie myself. I’m still learning, but one of the things I do think is important is writing whatever you want to write regardless of trends and enjoying every minute of it because as one of my new favorite quotes says, it’s about the journey as much as the outcome.
Thanks for interviewing me, Connie. Happy writing!