Tuesday, January 13, 2015

day four of my blog challenge

Number four on my blog challenge post is my earliest childhood memory.  I have to say that I can't really say what my earliest memory is but a part of my life that stands out is when I was seven.  I had an older friend, she was eleven, and she got me in a ton of trouble.  I guess you could say the tough years for my mom were my sevens.  :)  We pretended to shop lift, I wanted to be called Tony ( shrugs), I rode my bike under the highway and to a mall without permission, and threw rocks at some kids until one hit him and split his head open.  Oh and my friend hit my brother in the head with a baseball bat, knocking out his front teeth.  I guess these memories stick with me because it was a though time in my life and a time when I learned how to say no and stand up for myself.  My dad sat me down and told me I had a chose to make. Either tell her I couldn't be her friend anymore or get use to being grounded the rest of my life.  I marched to her house and told her I couldn't be her friend anymore.  Strange that at seven I decided how I wanted my life to go.  I didn't want to be that kid.  And to this day I don't do well with people telling me what to do or following a crowd.  I became my own person at the young age of seven and even though it has been lonely at times...I like who I became and the lessons those early years taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment