Monday, March 19, 2012

Drought

Drought, by Pam Bachorz is a book I got with my teacher bonus points from Scholastic Books!
I was sucked into this book and couldn't put it down.  Not especially because it was so great, but because I kept waiting for something to happen.  It kept me hanging...tempting me and then I didn't feel it really delivered.  It had an interesting story line of a group of people in a type of cult that were hidden in the woods collecting cups of supposedly "Magic" water.  They had lived for 200 years in the woods and were waiting for their savior to come and save them. It reminded me of the Holocost in the sense that they were submissive and waiting for someone else to save them instead of saving themselves...but I was unclear on why they lived for so long and why they were living in the past and it was present times.  So I guess I have to say I liked it but felt it could have been  developed more.    

No comments:

Post a Comment