Monday, March 19, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Spring has sprung, well at least it is suppose to have.  We have snow flurries coming and going but I refuse to let winter coem back.  Which in my world means...it's time to hit the gym. (Which is code for an hour of uninterupted reading time, Yippee!  Yahoo!)  But don't tell, everyone just thinks I like to run.  :)  So in the past two weeks I have been able to finish two books.  The first I gave a try because I was working with some revisions on my own book with Nobel Publishing.  Nobel is an e-reader publisher and does some adult titles but also has some YA.  So to see what they were all about I put a book on my Kindle.  Amongst the Ruins, by Saewood Tice was my choice.  Now the premise of this is right along the lines of a few other books I've read, world as we know it has come to an end and there are Zombie type people that are the bad guys.  People have grouped themselves into tribes that specialize in different war skills.  The main character is Shilo a young girl who is protected by her family due to her being fair in a world of brunettes.  I actually really liked this story.  It moved along well and in a world where woman are looked at as simply a means to have babies, it was fun to read about a strong main character.  This publisher tends towards the more steamy of romance, but i didn't find it inappropriate.  The only complaint I have is that the editing was not as sharp as I thought it could have been, especially as the book progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment