Friday, March 15, 2013

GIRL, STOLEN by April Henry

This was another of my bonus point books from my classroom Scholastic orders and I am happy to say it was good.  Since it was an actual book I was not able to take it to the gym with me so I will not be giving it any Barbell rating.  Girl, Stolen is the story of a girl, Cheyenne, who has lost her sight and while sleeping in the back of her step mom's car while she is off getting antibiotics, is accidently kidnapped during a car jacking.  The writing was sharp and concise and the dialogue was believable.  The dialogue between Griffin, the teenage boy who accidently kidnapped her and Cheyenne, is natural while still giving us background information to their lives.   When Griffin begins to sympathize with her and his dad gets the idea to ransom her off things start getting strained and Cheyenne isn't sure she's going to make it out alive.  I enjoyed the book and think it would be a good recommendation for MG to YA.  I give it 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment