Monday, April 23, 2012

The Fault In Our Stars by: John Green

Wow! That's what I am left with after reading this book.  I read the review of this book in a magazine and when I saw it available through Scholastic Book orders I jumped at the chance to read it.  It is about a girl named Haxel that has cancer.  Through her support group she meets Augustus, another cancer survivor.  Together they struggle with terminal cancer and the affects it has on those they love.  I can't tell you more for fear of being a spoiler.  I picked this book up yesterday afternoon and didn't put it down until I finished it.  Which means I actually worked out on the eliptical for an hour so I wouldn't have to put the book down.  This book is another of those books that sticks with you and leaves you wanting more.  I even read the acknowledgments in hope of grappling more from the author.  Excellent read, although a deep subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment