Saturday, January 8, 2011

DUFF by Kody Keplinger

Well here we go on my first review.  I know it isn't a debut author but I had to finish it before I could start the contest!
DUFF stands for Designated Ugly Fat Friend: 
It is the friend that is the ugliest of a group of friends.  I remember that the concept was around when I was younger, just didn't have the term.
I really liked the book.  I especially liked the relationship that grew between Bianca and Wesley, the lead characters.  That relationship is what made the book hard to put down.  I think young people will especially enjoy this book because it touches on so many issues that face kids today.  The only draw back I had was that at times the author wrote as if she was directly talking to the reader.  It only happened a few times in the book and felt a bit unnatural.  I also wondered as I was reading it if the curse words were really necessary.  I know a few of them were but at times it seemed that it was overdone.  There is pretty explicet sex in the book and is a theme throughout, I felt it was an important part of the story and it didn't bother me.
So over all I would definitly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment