Thursday, December 6, 2012

Book Review: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

It was hard, but during NaNoMo I was reading The Raven Boys.  I need to begin my review by recommending Maggie's blog.  She has a great sense of humor and recently has really been trying to reach out to the youth that are reading her books.  Highly suggest stopping by.
On to my review.  Basically I loved it.  I do not know how she does it but she totally made me fall in love with her characters.  I was emotionly connected with them and through the book she throws in twists and turns that grab your heart and squeeze.  I really liked that she did her research and went more for a supernatural thread as apposed to the shifting theme of her last series I read (although I equally loved those books.)  The idea of reading of palms, ley lines, and ancient powers, was a fresh idea that I really enjoyed.  I would be remiss if I didn't mention one little complaint and that is....dare I say it....I didn't like the ending.  Or more accuratly I didn't like the last sentence.  It just ended.  There were loose ends and I was a little confused as to what had happened, (I don't want to elaborate because I don't want to be a spoiler) and the last sentence seemed akward.  It did leaving me drooling for a sequel but also scratching my head saying "what".  I envy Maggie's writing style and know it is a good...no.... great book when I can't get it out of my head.  Five stars definitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment