Saturday, April 14, 2012

Drawn in

As a crazed reader I read everything!  From the Sports magazines to whatever is available.  Guess that is why I love!  my kindle.  I can carry hundreds of books so I am never without a goodread.  Tha being said I am always reading and hunting magazines and online recommendation sights.  So.....I was intrigued by the buzz about FIFTY SHADES OF GREY.  Primarily because I have read some Twilight fan fiction and thought it was pretty good, as well as I have actually written some.  So I bought the book and sstarted reading it and for the first few chapters I kept waiting for a vampire to appear.  Not goon happen!  The author took the THEMES in Twilight and went with them.  I thought I would just read one and that would be it, but after I got pulled into the first, I immediatley bought the rest of the trilogy.  The author is a screen writer in London and she does an excellent job of building a story and by the middle of the second book the erotica part of the story really starts to be replaced by the emotional turmoil the characters go through.  I personally loved the books and read them non stop until I was finished.  For the adult reader I can't say enough about them.  Definitly not a YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment